Sunday, August 23, 2009

Math Tutorials


This week, I found a not-for-profit organization called Khan Academy. Khan Academy was created by American entrepreneur, Salman Khan. His mission is to use YouTube technology to provide "a high quality education to anyone, anywhere." Sal has recorded twenty 8-to-10-minute YouTube demonstrations of basic arithmetic, and also hundreds of lessons on many higher-level concepts in mathematics, physics, finance, and entrepreneurship for high school aged kids and adults. Sal is a gifted teacher, and even if you haven't found science to be your cup of tea, you'll find yourself engaged. It's a quick way to learn a LOT about physical science, math, economics, and the like--both for kids and for adults.

2 comments:

Kitwench said...

I am a DEVOTED fan of Khan Academy - the kids use it for 15 minutes a day, and so do I!

Christie said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I cannot tell you how happy I am with this. I found it via your post, and I looooove it. This is going to be a huge help with all the math stuff. Many thanks!