Sunday, April 25, 2010
1. Use the pattern here to cut an equal number of large and small hands from craft foam (or construction paper in two colors. The large hands should be all the same color and the small hands should be all the same color.
2. Write pairs of antonyms on the hand cut outs using one large hand and one small hand for each pair.
Using the Activity (for 1 or more students)
1. The object of the game is to match pairs of words that are antonyms.
2. Introduce the game to the children at group time. Select one of the large hands and have a child read the word. Have the children find the small hand with the antonym that matches.
3. Once the students are familiar with the game, this activity is appropriate for use by an individual child at a learning center or as a small group activity.