Friday, February 15, 2013

ipad Apps for Kids for Dummies book review


I got an iPad for my birthday last year - and I absolutely LOVE it!  The only thing that I don't absolutely LOVE is the fact that my kids hijack it a great deal of the time.  Luckily for me, I was able to review the book ipad Apps for Kids for Dummies so I could find some apps for them that are kid friendly and a great way to sneak in learning!

My kids really think they know everything about the iPad and the apps available, but I found a ton of great ones in this book that they didn't know about at all.  The author, Jinny Gudmundsen is the Kid Tech columnist for USA Today, so she really is the go-to expert about all things tech for kids.

The book is really user friendly with sections divided by both age group and category.  Each review in the book details the name of the app, the cost, who made it, followed by a brief description.  The reviews end with an age range of who the app is most suited for.  And although the apps are classified as "kid apps" I have enjoyed quite a few myself!

No comments: