You can download and print a copy of The Power of Nature here.
Read the title and names of the authors. Ask:
• What do you see in the cover photograph? Have you ever seen trees look like this? What was happening at the time?
- Read the headings with your child. Explain that headings can help a reader to preview the information that will be presented in the book.
- Say: I want you to find out about storms and other forces of nature and how thesecan harm people and other things. Monitor reading and provide support when necessary.
Ask Your Child:
- In what ways can an earthquake hurt us?
- If you were a scientist, which natural force discussed in the book would you most want to study? Why?