Saturday, July 17, 2010
You can make your own Color Zoo to go along with the story.
• A variety of shape cutouts in different colors and sizes
• Paper to glue animals on
1. After reading the book, tell your children that you’re going to make your own Color Zoo! How many different animals do they think they can create?
2. Put all the shapes in the middle of the table for your children to look at. Have your children think of an animal they want to make, and help them find different shapes to create that animal. Sometimes it helps to just start putting shapes together and see what it looks like!
3. When they’re satisfied with their animal, have them glue the shapes together on paper.
4. Add eyes, mouths, whiskers, tails, etc. with crayons.
You can watch the book being read here:
If you are interested in purchasing Color Zoo, please consider supporting Homeschool Parent by purchasing from the following Amazon link, thank you!