Sunday, July 18, 2010
Read- Aloud Tips
Looking for ways to add to your read aloud time? Try a few of these suggestions:
1. Write down a list of new words that you didn't know. Look up the meanings for the words.
2. Write a new ending to the story.
3. Write down any words that end with the suffix ___(insert whatever suffix you are working on.)
4. Write down any words that start with the prefix ___. " "
5. Write a math problem from the story. Example: Mudge saw two rabbits. then he saw four more. How many in all did he see?
6. Illustrate your favorite part. Write a sentence or two explaining your illustration.
7. Make a puppet show about the book or one chapter from the book.
8. Create a reader's theatre of the story.