Monday, August 22, 2011

AboutOne - Getting Organized


It's that time of year again, fall is in the air, school supplies are on sale, and football practice is in full swing - yes we have officially hit the busy season in the Malloy residence.  And even though I am incredibly busy this time of year, life keeps happening.  There are doctor's appointments to go to, pictures to sort through, events to keep track of, and I was on the hunt (yet again) for how to get organized!

I have tried the traditional paper planners and calendars, but I always miss getting something written down, because I forget to keep them with me.  I can't count on my fingers and toes the number of times I didn't have a planner with me when I was making an appointment, when I got an email football practice schedule change, or when I was on the phone and needed to write something down.

That being said, I am a digital girl- I don't go anywhere without my iphone or my pad!  So, I was excited to find that there was a service called AboutOne that served as a digital filing system and more.

Not only does AbouOne serve as a  calendar/ planner where keep track of my appointments and important telephone numbers, but it also lets me keep track of my family information such as health and education records.  I can also keep track of health information (which with a family of 6 boys is easy to lose track of)!  Now I don't have to wonder was it Parker or Powell who need to have antibiotics before dental treatment? Or which boy HAS NOT had stitches yet (that would be only 2 of them).  It has given me a place to keep track of the names of our medicines we take as well which is very helpful in the doctor's office when they ask you and you can only remember that it starts with the letter A.

I love that in the very same place, I can keep track of household and car maintenance information.  No longer do I have to keep files and files worth of paper.  Since I am always trying to think of how to declutter our house, this is really a big deal!

But... I have to say, one thing that really sets this service apart from other planners I've tried out is that you can easily share items with friends and family.  As you enter the information into the program, it keeps track and simply plugs into various features such as a family newsletter and even a baby book!  With 6 boys, it has been tremendously difficult for me to document all of those important days and first times.  While I was great at it when I had the first baby, each additional baby has a sparser and sparser baby book.  With AboutOne, that is about to change.  I can update a certain event - like Luke's first football game, and it automatically can be posted to a family newsletter to email, tweet, or post to facebook for all of our friends and family to see.  I can also print it out and slide it into a scrapbook for each of the boys and viola - their memory books are all updated!


I haven't even BEGUN to play with all of the features AboutOne has, but here is another one I can't wait to try:


Here is a video overview of even more features!




Now, AboutOne is offering you the chance to try out its program for FREE - and also to enter to win a $500 AMEX gift card and an upgrade to a free subscription to AboutOne.com to 1 grand prize winner + a $250 donation to the school of their choice.  All other entries will receive an email with a code for 25% off a one year subscription to AboutOne.com.

Mandatory Entry:

1. Sign up for AboutOne free trial (absolutely no credit card info required) - and try it out for yourself! You will get a full 17 day trial -17 full days of usage with no expiration date (requires no credit card information). Use each of your 17 days whenever you like. The Yearly Plan gives you a full year of access to AboutOne for the low price of $30 per year.2. Complete the form below.




Rules: One winner will be chosen at random from all entries across all blogs to receive the following prize: $500 AMEX gift card and an upgrade to a free subscription to AboutOne.com to 1 grand prize winner + a $250 donation to the school of their choice. All other entries will receive an email with a code for 25% off a one year subscription to AboutOne.com. This giveaway ends September 9th at 11:59 p.m. ET and is open to U.S. residents age 18 or older.


 






Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: