Lays has a new line of potato chips that were inspired by popular American regional cuisine and include:
1. Northeastern U.S. – Lay’s Honey Mustard
2. Midwestern U.S. – Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch
3. Northwestern U.S. – Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion
4. Southwestern U.S. – Lay’s Chipotle Ranch
5. Southeastern U.S. – Lay’s Cajun Herb & Spice
All of the Lay's Regional Flavored potato chips are made with all natural ingredients and cooked in healthier oils, like corn and sunflower oils, which contain 80% or more of polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fat - the "good fats." They also contain 0 grams of trans fats per serving!
There’s also less sodium in them than you might think – a 1-oz serving of our Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips contains less salt than a plain bagel!
I can't wait to try the Lay’s Honey Mustard and the Lay’s Creamy Garden Ranch!
I live in the Northwestern region of the United States which inspired the Lay’s Balsamic Sweet Onion flavor. I actually think this is super appropriate because one of our regions most loved festivities is the rib cook-off where you can also partake in yummy beer battered onion rings made with sweet onions. Not content with enjoying these yummy onion rings only once a year, my hubby and I were bound and determined to recreate our own version at home. Here is our recipe:
Beer-Battered Onion Rings
1-1/2 cups flour
1-1/2 cups beer, room temperature
2 large Sweet onions
oil for deep frying
1. To prepare the batter for the onion rings, thoroughly whisk together flour and beer. Let batter stand, covered, at room temperature for at least 3 hours.
2. Slice onions 1/4-inch thick. Separate into rings.
3. Pour oil into a large frying pan about 3 inches deep. Heat.
4. With metal tongs, dip a few onion rings into batter, then carefully put them into the hot oil.
5. Fry, turning the rings a couple of times until golden brown. Remove from oil.
Frito-Lay is offering one lucky reader of Homeschool Parent a chance to win a multi-pack of Lay’s Regional Flavors! You can try them all!
1. Tell me which flavor from the Lay’s Regional Flavored potato chips you would most like to try.
Leave a separate comment for each entry:
2. Like Frito-Lay on Facebook and leave me a comment below telling me you are a fan.
3. Follow Frito Lay on Twitter and leave a comment below with your twitter handle.
4. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment below with your twitter handle.
5. Like Homeschool Parent on Facebook and leave me a comment below telling me you are a fan.
6. Become a Homeschool Parent email subscriber.
7. Follow Homeschool Parent on Google Friend Connect.
8. Tweet about the giveaway and comment with your Tweet.
You can copy and paste:
Enter to win a variety pack of Frito-Lay Regional Flavored Potato Chips! from @kellys3ps http://t.co/l9KxPTc #FritoFlavors
Disclosure: Frito-Lay provided me with a variety pack of Lay’s Regional Flavors potato chips to giveaway to a readers of my blog, and my blog post is a form of entry for the Tastes from Home with Frito-Lay recipe contest. The opinions posted are entirely my own.
Contest ends: August 23, 2001 11:59 PM PST.